Saturday, November 4, 2017

Seahorse Surgery

These seahorses, participants in RSC 2016, are in the surgery recovery room.

These seahorses were an early version of the pattern and had a square tail. So I pulled out the square tail (1.25 inch square), added a flip triangle and now they all have pointy tails.

This took quite a bit of fiddling and hopefully you will find more exciting developments as RSC 2017 quilts come together.

And while my original Bernina 1630 is acting up, I have a stand-in so the show can go on.

And typically, I use my first sewing machine (from when I first started quilting in the early 80s) for machine quilting.

While I prefer an older sewing machine, I want my ironing surface to be state of the art.

And finally, if you have questions that have gone unanswered...consider whether you might have a "No-reply" status. Bonnie Hunter gives a nice tutorial for this for Google accounts.

6 comments:

Phyllis in Iowa said...

I, too, prefer to use mostly vintage and antique sewing machines. I have backup machines for my back up machines.
Rather than using a warm cat iron, I use a vintage flat sole iron that heats quickly and stays hot. When I need steam, I use a spray bottle.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Do you just quilt the cat hair in or do you take it off first. I ask this because most of my stuff has a few, well a lot actually, of basset hair in it.
glen

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hoping the seahorse surgery was a success!

Cathy said...

Oh yes! I do prefer seahorses that make a point. I also like any kind of a sewing machine that works. And I see your ironing surface is the cat's meow unlike mine.

PaulaB quilts said...

Those sweet seahorses are now all graceful and grateful that they are part of the group. They can float around a use their lovely tails. Keep up the good work!

Shirley said...

Oh, my! I thought I was the only person still using a 1630. I absolutely love mine and it has been such a workhorse. I do have another Bernina as a backup but prefer the 1630. Your ironing board is beautifully decorated!