Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Ringo Lake Mystery Fabric Selection

It's almost time for Bonnie Hunter's end of the year mystery. I joined in last year for the first time and enjoyed it quite a bit. Normally I avoid mystery quilts. But I changed the colors and that made it even more mysterious. I do like this year's combination...who doesn't enjoy turquoise and orange and/or turquoise and brown?

I am going with fuschia and chartreuse with black as my dark and white multi for the light.  It's following Bonnie's colors in the sense that she is using turquoise and coral, two complements or colors across from each other on the color wheel. And then she has strong darks and lights, with her complements having the same medium value. (My fuschia looks darker in the photo than it actually is).

The mystery project starts November 24th and you can find the instructions on Bonnie Hunter's website.

9 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh that will be so striking!

floribunda said...

Love your colors! I've never done one of Bonnie's mysteries because I'm terrible at making so many multiples of blocks -- but I'm going to watch this one and maybe think about a smaller version.

Barbara said...

Love your fabrics! I was going to be different until I saw the palette. Coral and aqua are low in my fabric collection and plentiful in stores right now so that gives me something to look for in our shop hop going on now. Looking forward to seeing your fabric in action.

Cathy said...

Great colors, Sally! They will all look so lively together.

Laura said...

Love the choices!

Frances Meredith said...

Loving your colour choice.

Vireya said...

Lovely colour scheme, and gorgeous fabrics!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Sally,
Lovely fabrics - all of them. I especially love your low volume prints. Well, upon a second look - I really do like them all! The black polka dots are fun, and the fuchsia and chartreuse will look great together. I am really looking forward to following your progress on this quilt. You may just convince me to join in . . . ~smile~ Roseanne

gayle said...

Your colors are going to be a bright happy quilt! I'm looking forward to seeing where we all end up!
I had planned to do this year's mystery but change the colors, until I saw what she had in mind. I've got a ton of aqua/turquoise since I'd been compulsively buying them for my granddaughter's quilt, plus a bunch of corals that I had bought thinking they were oranger (or pinker) than they turned out to be. And it's a combination that I wouldn't normally do, so I'm totally in.