Monday, June 19, 2017

Counting cats

I should have expected that Molly would be as industrious at helping me unpack as she is with everything else including quilting. First, she had me start the day with a photograph.

And yes, as usual she is quite disappointed with my progress...although I'm also unpacking a similar mound in another room. Buddy, of course, is quite pleased as long as I can count two cats at the end of the day.

But really I think Molly is more concerned that I seem to be dismantling her new playground. And I'm starting to wonder what else might be missing...I realized that my ironing board didn't make the journey. To make things more interesting, the first few items the movers delivered were not mine. And one of the items was a fantastic wooden Singer sewing case that I assume had a sewing machine inside. I have to admit that I paused before admitting it wasn't mine.

8 comments:

Cathy said...

I don't envy you all that unpacking. So glad the kitties are adjusting well.

Jacqueline said...

You are not starting out well when the boxes are not yours. Hope it goes quickly and smoothly here on out.

Mystic Quilter said...

I do hope things improve for you, no more package arriving which aren't yours! Molly and Buddy took as if they'll soon be feeling at home, home you settle in quickly, find your machine and fabrics and let us know how you're doing!

Dorothy said...

What do I love most about this post ?? The kitty pictures ( :-) ) or the pink flamingo? (I have a "flock" in my front garden--much to the dismay of some of the neighbors--do I care ? NO!! )

gayle said...

Good luck with the unpacking. I always loathed that part of a move - so much easier to stuff things IN boxes than to take them out and decide where to put them...

Sue SA said...

Yikes they lost your ironing board! HOpe they didnt loose anything else. Hope it all fits into the new house, somehow all the boxes make it look more then it is. Really some cupboards are like the tardis!

Needled Mom said...

Oh now. I hope a lot is not missing.

works4me said...

Glad that the kitties don't seem to be too traumatized. You, I'm not so sure about. :) And the person who was missing the Singer, yikes, that would be traumatic. I hope you don't find any more surprises.