Friday, May 19, 2017

Squirrel Packing Nuts

I have made very little progress on my green sheep, so I will have to show a squirrel instead. I just can't keep up with Gayle at Mangofeet. And speaking of squirrel! That squirrel shoulder looks too blocky.

That's better. That should make it easier for the squirrel to escape any menacing cats by climbing up a tree.

Part of my excuse for less patchwork productivity is that I am packing for my move to Portland. And that sentence sure has its share of Ps. Since I document quilting with photography, I thought I might as well use my camera to keep track of inventory. The label to the side of the picture gets moved to the top of the box, and taped down as I seal the box. Then I can use the photo to know what's inside.

And of course I am supervised at all times.

And here are some butterflies flying free until I get them sewn in to a vintage butterfly block.

10 comments:

Ariane said...

OMG! That squirrel block is adorable!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the bright butterflies and I guess you'll miss the squirrels and other wildlife when you move to the city!

Cathy said...

That squirrel! He is too cute! I will await the pattern patiently as you and the supervisors obviously have your paws full with packing. Good inventory system.

Vireya said...

Great idea to photograph what's in each box. After moving three times in the last three years, I have a few boxes still not unpacked in the shed, and a few items I can't find anywhere.

Dorothy said...

Portland, as in Portland back East, or Portland OR (my wish)

Jacqueline said...

Great moving tip, thanks. I hope all is going well.

Needled Mom said...

Packing is such a drag, but a great way to purge.

Love the little squirrel.

Sue SA said...

Good luck with the packing! I like the photo idea.

gayle said...

That photo of Molly cracked me up!!
I wish i had taken pics last time i moved. I'm still looking for my favorite cookbooks...
Now back to chasing squirrels!!

Magpie Sue said...

That is a brilliant idea for packing. Ain't technology great?! That squirrel is a cutie. I hope he has a safe place to hide from Molly!