Sunday, April 23, 2017

Vintage butterfly party

Here's a four by four square of vintage butterflies. The block looks a bit weird by itself, but I like how well they go together.

I've made twenty blocks so far and have only five more to make. I will either need to replace the very light block in the upper right hand corner, or make more light blocks that I can sprinkle around the quilt for balance. For the most part, I have just been grabbing multi-colored fabrics (usually with either butterflies or cats) and building the block off of that.

6 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, this looks so fabulous all laid out!

Nancy said...

I think this arrangement of those butterflies elevates them way beyond how they would look as individual blocks. The one you think is too light in the upper right corner (to my eyes) doesn't look any lighter than the blocks in row 2 left, and row 3 center. What a fun quilt!

Laura said...

I agree with Nancy...the quilt looks great without having to make more light blocks!

Cathy said...

LOVE your version! What fun fabrics you used. Who would have thought cats and butterflies? And I don't think you need more light blocks either. Again...LOVE!

Julierose said...

So lovely all together--a rel Springtime look...hugs, Julierose

Mystic Quilter said...

So you're almost at the finish line with these whirling butterflies - are you going to hand or machine quilt?