Thursday, May 19, 2016

More vintage spin

Upon revisiting the vintage spin quilt, I decided to make it larger with 5 by 6 blocks instead of 5 by 5. And since this quilt will be double-sided, that means I need 60 blocks instead of 50. Clearly, I will use any excuse to make more vintage spin blocks. I need ten more, and here are eight of them.

This is my favorite block of the new ones.

I seem to have been channeling pink and teal with yellow.

And I can't resist owls, apparently.

And you may recognize the fractured plaid as the same fabric I used as the backing for the plaid bunny quilt.

4 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

All lovely fabrics and ideal for Vintage Spin, my favourite of all is the owl fabric!

Julierose said...

Oh love those owls and birdies--so cute!! hugs, Julierose

Cathy said...

Those vintage spin blocks are beginning to grow on me (not literally, of course!). Between Cathy L and you... Bad influences, I tell ya....

gayle said...

I'm really liking these, too! (On checking my schedule, I think I might be able to make one somewhere between summer of 2027 and spring of '28. Well, *start* one, anyway...)