Sunday, November 1, 2015

Christmas Owl???

Really??!!? Christmas Owl shows up the day after Halloween Owl? Whoo thought that was a good idea? And what about Thanksgiving Owl? Or is he too afraid of being mistaken for a turkey?

In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out what to quilt inside the kittens. This is a silhouette of a cat stretching that I used back in 2011 for a fabric pattern. It was traced from a picture of Tommy and put into Illustrator. Unfortunately, to make it easier to quilt, I smoothed the image so much that the head looks more like a rat than a cat. Even the kittens are not amused.

3 comments:

gayle said...

Alas, no roast owl for Thanksgiving - the drumsticks are way too small...
I like your stretching cat. It wouldn't take much cosmetic surgery to make a cat face from a rat face.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Oh,, I like both! Yes. My last cat quilt I did mice in the kitty tummies!

Barbara said...

What a great idea for your quilting! The owl is adorable. Great eyes. We saw an owl as we came up our driveway last night. He was sitting in the road, but wisely flew out of the way as we approached and landed on a broken off branch where we got a really good look at him. We often hear the owls at night, but don't usually see them. Quite a treat.