Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Back to Legos

I'm back to making blocks for the legos quilt. The final block is shown on the right. In the past, I have made a single ribbon from bits of 1.25 inch strips. Then I cut that long strip into shorter 7.5 inch strips. I then sew those together to make blocks. That way I can take some time and put things together in pleasant combinations.

Maybe too pleasant. So for this go round, I made long single ribbons and sewed them into three combined ribbons. Then I combined those to get my nine strip width. Which is at least 12 feet long. My next step is to cut the blocks from this megastrip.

3 comments:

gayle said...

So, wild lego megastrip? megalego?
Can't wait to see this...
(Speaking of see, I spy a cat in your legos.)

Vicki W said...

IT's a meglo quilt!

Sheila said...

Love these scrappy lego blocks. They have been on my block list for awhile. Thank you for sharing your block construction tips.