Friday, April 24, 2015

Owl Demands

Don't you just hate it when your day starts with fighting and recriminations? Well, apparently last night the carefully packed box of stuffed animals ousted Stinky (AKA Wittie the Owl) from the box. I bought him on ebay a few months ago, and he arrived having been doused in perfume...hence his new name Stinky. He spent many a cold winter night outside, but apparently that was not enough for the stuffed animals that had to share a box with him.

Then Stinky let the patchwork owls out and now they are all demanding I make a purple owl because there is only one Saturday left in April and they are very serious about the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge. Mr. Rabbit wants me to make purple bunnies, but I told him there are plenty of bunnies (and even a tutorial for making them) over at Podunk Pretties. So hop over there while I get to work on making a purple owl.

4 comments:

Cassandra Tondro said...

Is Stinky washable? If so, wash him in a solution of baking soda diluted in water. Then rinse.

Julierose said...

Those owlets are so adorable--hugs, Julierose

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I am sensitive to smells. I used to be in a block exhange with a group from across the southern states. they would wash their fabrics in smelly detergents, add that spray that has smells in it and include perfume pages from magaznes!

Oye! Too much! Even Febreeze has a smell!

Cathy said...

Stinky reminds me of the time when the kids were little and they doused Kermit the frog in aftershave. He was Keep-Away-Kermit after that.