Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Kitten Quest

I have been away from sewing lately because I have been preparing this house for sale. It used to have two cats in every room. I did a special inventory where I went into each room and counted the cats and each room had one Tommy and one Jimmy. Both staring up at me asking "why did we come into this room?"

In case you've forgotten, this is a compact version of Tommy and Jimmy back when they were two years old and they could both fit in a kitty cup. Well, sort of. Tommy has climbed in on top of Jimmy who isn't certain he likes to share.

But now its time to embark on a kitten quest. After I sell the house, I am going to move to the Portland area where I have it on good authority that there are some exceptional cats. Some might even say that I'm smitten by Smitty--but its quite unrequited because he is a very prolific cat and doesn't have time for nonsense. So maybe I can luck into some Portlandia kittens.

Meanwhile you can see the inside of the house and listen to some cheesy music...with the best part a panning motion to a large photo of Tommy...http://tours.tourfactory.com/tours/tour.asp?t=1335183.

Or you can view it on zillow: http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/79007256_zpid/days_sort/38.246944,-78.526325,38.0439,-78.857288_rect/11_zm/1_fr/?view=map

And for some reason the realtor steered clear of the fabric stash...

8 comments:

Cassandra Tondro said...

It's a beautiful house, and you've done a great job fixing it up and getting it ready to sell. Bittersweet, though.

Barbara said...

OMG, I am SO EXCITED YOU ARE MOVING TO PORTLAND. We will definitely have to get together. I read your post to Smitty, and he told me he would be interested in giving you a special audience. He will also be collecting mousies and making an exhibit of them, butterfly collection style, so that you can familiarize yourself with the varmints of the Pacific Northwest. He will not touch the slugs, however. It is a well-known FACT that even sandpaper tongues cannot remove the slime.

Vicki W said...

The house is nice and bright and of course you have a loom too! I bet your views are spectacular in autumn. I hope is sells soon because living that neat is painful.

Sue SA said...

Good luck with selling your house, buying another one, moving and acquiring some new cats. I hope you squeeze in time for quilting and blogging while this is all going on, but we understand if not.

Debra said...

Best of luck with the sale and the move. Moving is so stressful... but the kitties at the end will make it so worth it!!! Nice house, btw! Hope you find one as nice in Portland.

Mystic Quilter said...

Been trying to leave a comment for you but there seem to be gremlins in the system. I shall try again - thanks for showing us your lovely house tucked away in the woods, what a setting! I can see that it would be pretty isolated. I shall keep fingers crossed for a sale as soon as possible and you can get into moving to Portland mode!

Cathy said...

Moving across the country? I hope it's for good reasons. Your house is beautiful.

Denise from Sacramento said...

What a beautiful home. I hope all goes well with your plans for selling it and Moving across the country. I am also sure the bear will miss you. Maybe the new owner will fill a bird feeder for him.