Saturday, December 27, 2014

Here we are at the last week of the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge for 2014. This will be the layout for the mice once I cut them down to a uniform size. I also have to make some decisions about sashing.

The cranes were assembled into a quilt top that measures 58 X 70 inches. I am open to suggestions about borders as long as the suggestions do not include any mentions of cats or kittens.

And in case you missed it, the cat I added to the fish quilt last week did its damage and I was left with a single fish that I made into a mug rug.

Although this Rainbow Scrappy Challenge added quite a bit of chaos to my sewing room this year, I really can't thank Angela enough for opening me up to a freewheeling approach to patchwork...that flourished oddly enough within the constraints and deadlines of her challenge.

And no, I have not forgotten about all those darn kittens. Luckily they are safely stuffed away as preserves so I feel in no rush to get them sewn together.

11 comments:

scraphappy said...

I think it was all the animals creating chaos this year! What a fun little zoo you have created.

Vicki W said...

I have been working on planning my RSC quilt for 2015. I'm going to use Angela's pattern but have been torn about the background. I dyed a fabric that looks similar to the background in your mice and have been debating that or white. Now that I see your mice I'm confident that I want to use the dyed fabric instead of white. Thanks for doing that research for me!

Nell's Quilts said...

Love the mice on parade and all set to battle the Nutcracker. You call them cranes but I see seven swans a swimming in each of ten rows. Must be Christmas making me think of all these ties. Lovely work.

Julierose said...

I just love your canning jars of kitties...what fun hugs, Julierose

Mari said...

I've loved these mice all year! They look great. And the cranes are great, too. How about a checkerboard border? Happy new year!

Mystic Quilter said...

The mice have been entertaining me, and my cats, all year and I shall be so sad that there will be no more!!
They are delicious.

WeedyMama said...

What fun! I have no idea how I got here.

One mouse, two mouse,
Green mouse, blue mouse,
How many mouse
Do you have in your house?

A fellow cat lover obviously. Do you have a pattern for the mouse?

(PS. That brown mouse is X-rated!)

Sheila said...

What a great year. I've enjoyed all of your fun posts. I look forward to seeing what you come up with during 2015.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I wnat to pick a favorite.... but I can't!!! I love them all!! You are so very talented and it is fun to watch the quilts you make!

Debra said...

I have loved seeing your progress on the RSC14 all year. Sorry to see the challenge come to an end. But your quilts are wonderful and really make me smile. I would not put a border on the swan quilt.. I love it just the way it is!!!

Kate said...

Your Crane quilt turned out beautifully, that's my favorite from your 2014 scrappy projects. But all those mice are very, very cute.