Monday, September 8, 2014

I just couldn't resist starting a lego quilt. The idea comes from Tonya at Lazy Gal Quilting--who gives a link to the posting about the original antique quilt and also provides a tutorial for making her version of the quilt. The one I'm making uses 1.25 inch cut strips with 7.5 inch (unfinished) blocks. And no! This is not going to be a charm quilt. Only one insane quilt in a life time. Okay, maybe two.

Meanwhile, those of you mentioned in Tommy's will may be wondering about my search for Fluffy McKibble, Tommy's lawyer, who Vicki W. located behind bars at my local SPCA. I dutifully went to the SPCA and asked for "Kibble" but was told he had been adopted out. I asked if that meant Kibble was not accepting new clients and whether I could get on his waiting list or get his new address to confer with him directly. I can't imagine that one family needs a cat lawyer full-time!

I was told that Kibble's new address is confidential, that cats do not go to law school, and even if they did, feline wills are not recognized in the Commonwealth and they have called the police who are on their way. So I am open to any new leads but I won't be able to pursue the SPCA lead any further until the restraining order is lifted.

4 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

What a neat idea - a Lego quilt! I have to make one asap. My cutter is out as I speak (from cutting hexagons) and I have a stack of fabrics along with the 1.5" die so I shall make an effort to get cutting later in the week.
Love the ongoing saga of trying to find McKibble, can't wait for the next instalment.

Judy Dietrich said...

Like the Lego quilt done in brights--how would a repeat be found?? They all look different from where they are cut. The original one is FANTASTIC!! If the SPCA comes for you, you can have them deal with your gardener (brown bear). I am just glad Tommy did not "will" out that large packet of rules & regulations!! I live with enough rules right now. Glad you are dealing well with things & hope your sewing keeps things together. Lol

Vicki W said...

Oh man. I did not need this idea floating around in my brain!

Denise from Sacramento said...

Oh those colors are fantastic!