Saturday, August 16, 2014

This is a follow up to the bear's visit yesterday. I had wanted to show an Amish-style bear's paw quilt I made, but I can't find it! I can only guess it walked out into the woods and hasn't returned. So instead I will show this bear paw variation that my grandmother made for my father. He supposedly had this with him at college which suggests my grandmother made it in the mid 1930's.

And here is some Teddy Roosevelt fabric that I bought back in the late 1970's. I found it in a NYC antique shop and it was dated late 1800's. Ahem. This looks to me like Teddy Roosevelt novelty fabric made after Teddy Roosevelt refused to kill a bear someone else had caught. That happened in 1902.  If anyone can suggest a more suitable home for this fabric, I'm open to suggestions.

Meanwhile, Tommy has spent the day singing "I left my heart in Sacramento." Not sure what that's all about except maybe he has a new friend he made on the Internet.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love your Dad's quilt. What a treasure to have!

Mystic Quilter said...

How lovely to have your Dad's quilt - a treasured possession for you!
The bear fabric is so very delightful and unusual, but the bears look to having an awful lot of fun! Lucky you for spotting this in the antique shop.

Denise from Sacramento said...

Oh my, Tommy is watching the voting! Tell him that it has been such a long time since I have used my google account that I had to change my password just to vote for him. And now I had to change it again to post this comment!