Saturday, May 24, 2014

I've been feeling like I have been swimming upstream lately, and well, I have been thinking a lot about water. So today we're having fish. Green fish. Because green is the color of the month at the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge. I was tempted to change to the color brown, because that is the color of my water after my well pump died and was replaced.
I also used to make fish quilts as a standard baby gift. This one was made some time in the 80s. And yes, the two fish at the top are smoking...but I don't remember why. And given this is an old quilt, this is an old picture taken with a polaroid...and not in a cool, retro way.
I thought the green fish might also qualify for the HSTeria Quilt Along, except really those are all faux half square triangles. So instead I'll show some of the new HSTs I've made using the Easy Angle. These will be part of the Ocean Waves quilt.

5 comments:

Sheila said...

What sweet little fish! They are so cute.

Mystic Quilter said...

Love your fishes!

scraphappy said...

Such sweet little fishies. Nice idea for a baby quilt.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Those green fish will make a marvelous baby quilt!! Great idea . . .

Sewgreen said...

Those little fishies are adorable!!