Saturday, January 18, 2014

Here are the cranes I made for today's rainbow challenge at So Scrappy. Yesterday, I mentioned that I am making these in an attempt to lure away Mystic Quilter's cats. We'll have to see how that goes. For the crane I showed yesterday, I added strips on the top and bottom to make the crane stand out better. But for the rest I will wait until I am ready to assemble the quilt top and then choose the water, I mean sashing.
So this is everything I have made so far. For each crane block I end up with 2 extra half-square triangles. I will assemble these as I go along as well. In this case I had some extras due to excess creativity (aka mistakes).

9 comments:

Terri said...

Cranes are supposed to be good luck, aren't they? I love them. Can't wait to see the end result.
Hugs

Mystic Quilter said...

I didn't know that cranes bring good luck - you should be in a good place then with a quilt full! Great way to make them using the half square triangles and I do like all your different blues.

scraphappy said...

Such an original block. What a great idea.

Marly said...

Beautiful fabrics in a nice pattern.

Jo said...

The cranes look great with the added border

Cathy said...

Those are cute. Sure hope Mystic's cats do stay away! But either can come to my house !

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

So cute! I've never seen anything like these.

Sweet Woodruff said...

Wow, these are cool. I've never seen this before. Are they swans or geese? So pretty.

Deb A said...

Wow - I wonder if those fabric cats will chase after your cranes? Too funny.