Friday, December 6, 2013

I have noticed that quilters often use the same color thread or even variegated thread because they loathe changing threads. As part of Vicki W.'s REAL Studio Tour, I would like to present my special tool for changing threads. My "Tommy" automatically unthreads the sewing machine and moisturizes the thread at the same time! Although I got my version at a Humane Society about 17 years ago, I think they are still widely available and come in a variety of sizes and colors.



11 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Too, TOO funny . . . my version was a tuxie.

KimP said...

Awesome! I want one just like him . . .

Vicki W said...

Awesome!

Sarah said...

Oh how cute - I do hope you'll bring your tool to my Feline Friday Linky party today. Unfortunately mine don't work the same as yours - I must have different models. LOL!

elle said...

Too cute!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love it!!!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Love it!! My studio assi-cat-tant had to go live with our son because DH developed an allergy. I miss his 'helping' me stitch.

Sarah said...

Thanks for bringing Tommy to Feline Friday - hope you'll stop by again :^)

Rachel said...

Haha! Hopefully this process doesn't take place while you're trying to sew! I love the look he's giving it.

LA Paylor said...

Again, hysterically laughing out loud! you are too funny. I can't get a Tommy because I have a Cole. Standard Poodle, and chaser of cats who run. dang it!
LeeAnna Paylor
leeannaquilts@gmail.com

Katina said...

I think you should get the award for Best Non-Traditional Quilting Tool, but you'll need two since you will have to share!